The first evaluation cycle of the PAL project focused on an explorative evaluation of the PAL system and a qualitative indication of the possible effects of the children’s behaviour.
The first experiment has been done in Italy and Netherlands between May and June 2016. More than 20 children between 8 and 10 years old and their parents participated.
- Step 1: The families had two appointments at the hospitals, at the beginning and at the end of the testing period, where children were able to interact with the NAO robot.
- Step 2: During the testing period they were able to use the MyPAL app at home, on a tablet provided by the researchers.
- Step 3: The second experimental campaign has been done during the Summer Camps organized by the associations of the PAL consortium for children between 8 and 14 years.
- organized in Italy in August 2016
- organized in Netherland in October 2016
Thanks to the participation of the children, their families and the Helthcare Professionals during the second year of the project, all the researchers are focusing on the implementation of the MyPAL app and on the improvement of the Human Robot Interaction in order to meet always better the needs of our end-users.